Wild Asia looking for Communications Consultant
WA Communications Consultant - Terms of Reference
About Wild Asia
Wild Asia engages businesses, communities and individuals to promote responsible practices towards a sustainable future.
Wild Asia's tagline
Promoting Change, Inspiring People, Engaging Businesses
What we need to do
We are looking for someone who is able to communicate our work in a meaningful and interesting way. Wild Asia has built a network of communication channels that we have used and we feel we need to develop a more focused approached to what we say.
The aim will be to produce monthly multimedia content over the course of the year, which can be shared via our website, emails or social networks. The content can be based on what we do, context of what we do or anything related that will be able to communicate the purpose, message and vision of Wild Asia. The ultimate goal is to be able to position Wild Asia as a hybrid organisation - one that offers professional services and a social goal of promoting sustainable development.
The person should be able manage the following:
- Plan, conceptualize and set the tone for one (or more) communications activity (ies) throughout the year that will be dispersed on a regular basis (bi-weekly/monthly/bi-monthly). The communications activity needs to resonate and encapsulate who Wild Asia is and what we do. (see above for about Wild Asia and the tagline.) *Plan must include a detailed budget of what is required in order to execute the plan.
- Be able to write and understand fundamental environmental and social issues/concepts.
- Be able to network and source for contacts with multi-disciplinary skills (eg. videographers, mainstream media, etc) to create diverse communication.
- Source and networking with more contacts and media people to expand the reach of Wild Asia.
- Disperse the communication material (can work with Wild Asia's core team.)
- Be able to meet with the Wild Asia team at least once a week to touch base with core team. Other times can be spent executing communications activities.
Term of the contract: One year
Budget: The consultant will be responsible for planning the series with the Wild Asia team and developing a workable budget for the year. This will be the contract value awarded.
Remarks: All proposals will be evaluated based on a competitive basis and we are looking to support a low-cost solution with high impact! All proposals will remain confidential.
Interested? Email Deborah Chan and attach your resume and ideas (if any!)
Deadline: 5th December, 2010.
Sorry. We've been getting a lot of junk comments lately. So commenting has been turned off for now